What can I do to keep my public intoxication charge off my record? 7 Answers as of May 08, 2014

I have been charged with public intoxication and need to go to court. What should I expect in court? Is this going to be on my record? How bad is it? Is it possible to drop it? Thanks.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
Get a lawyer and see if something can be worked out so that you end up with no record.? Plead NOT guilty or you will give up all your bargaining power.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 5/8/2014
Barton Barton & Plotkin
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
You hire a defense lawyer to attempt to negotiate a deal that avoids leaving you with a misdemeanor or felony conviction. Don't try to handle th is without hiring a lawyer-it could work out very badly for you.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 5/5/2014
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S. | Steve Freeborn
If you are convicted, yes, it will be a permanent part of your record and subject to public disclosure. You may want to hire an attorney.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 5/5/2014
Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
It's unlikely to be dropped, however, if there is a diversion program take it. You will likely be sentence to have a drug and alcohol evaluation and take any treatment prescribed. You will also have to do community service, pay a fine, have no further criminal violations and be on probation for one year. You will have a criminal record, which can be expunged upon completion of your sentence.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 5/5/2014
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
Ask for diversion
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 5/5/2014
    Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
    You should hire a lawyer and get this relatively minor charge dismissed. By yourself you're going to get a criminal record, and it isn't worth it.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 5/5/2014
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
    I would certainly hire an attorney and do everything possible to will avoid this being placed on your record. It may be possible to agree to some form of diversionary program or reduced charge. It would be much better off with an attorney than attempting to do this on your own.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 5/5/2014
Click to View More Answers: