What can I do to keep my fiance in the US? 5 Answers as of August 03, 2011

I met a Guy in Mexico years back. We stayed in contact and then he came to the U.S. illegally to be with me. We have been together for 6 years and have a beautiful daughter and another on the way. He is such a good man and father and I do not want my kids growing up without their father. What can I do to keep him here?

Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
Your fiance will qualify for a green card once you get married but he must leave the U.S. and apply through a U.S. Consulate for an immigrant visa to come back. Once he leaves the U.S., he will be barred from receiving the visa for 10 years because of his illegal presence in the U.S. He requires a waiver to overcome the bar. Chances for a waiver approval depend on a number of circumstances. You should contact an experience immigration attorney before you even think about getting married.
If you are married, you can petition for his permanent residence; but because of his manner of entry, he will likely need to leave the US and apply for the immigrant visa and waiver at his home consulate. The waiver is approvable if he can show an extreme and unusual hardship to you and your children. These cases are still being adjudicated relatively quickly if they are clearly approvable by the USCIS officer at the US Consulate. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney.
Law Office of Felipe A. Malo, P.A.
Law Office of Felipe A. Malo, P.A. | Felipe Augusto Malo
Wait until he has been in USA for 10 yrs and request cancellation of removal for non permanent residents
If he came to the U.S. without inspection (illegally), he must return to Mexico and you can then start from there with an attempt to secure him a proper visa to enter such as a K-1 fiance visa.
The fact he came here illegally make things very complicated. He is actually removable. You should consult a lawyer with all other facts to find solutions for you .