What can I do to help him get his papers for residency? 8 Answers as of October 25, 2013

I want to help my boyfriend. I’m a US citizen and he's from Colombia. We have been together for almost 2 years. He's been in the US for 10 years.

Mulder Law office, PA
Mulder Law office, PA | Kyndra L Mulder, Esquire
You will first need to marry. What needs to be done once you are married will depend on whether your husband entered the US legally and if he did not enter with a valid visa how old he was when he entered.
CoverLaw
CoverLaw | Jim Cover
The only way to help him become a legal citizen is to marry him. Please call us to discuss.
If he has never been deported and does not have a criminal record, have him leave the country and then apply for a fiance visa. When he gets it he can come back into the country and you must get married. Then he will get a two year conditional green card.
You cannot do anything for him if he is just your boyfriend and not your spouse and if he entered the US unlawfully.
All American Immigration
All American Immigration | Tom Youngjohn
Well since he is merely your boyfriend and not someone you'd want to establish a life together with, marriage is out of the question.
    Law Offices of Peter De Bruyn
    Law Offices of Peter De Bruyn | Peter De Bruyn
    If you and he got married you could start the process in the U.S. but he would have to file a hardship waiver, because of the illegal presence issue. Of course he would have to return to Colombia to adjust his status.
    Law Office of Morgan L. Place (MP Law Office) | Morgan L. Place
    It's extremely kind of you to want to help your boyfriend. If you two married, you could petition for him, but he may have other options. It's a good idea to have him meet with an immigration attorney, so you can explore all of his options. Good luck!
    Vladimir Parizher
    Vladimir Parizher | Vladimir Parizher
    You need to marry him and then petition for him on I-130 and adjusting his status. But first, you will have to marry him, if you are really ready.