What can I do to help him become a U.S. citizen or become a permanent resident? 1 Answers as of June 10, 2011

I am currently 21 years old and a U.S. citizen. My mother has been living here for 21 years and has 3 children (including myself) but came into this country illegally. I wanted to know what could be done to help her get a Green Card or U.S. citizenship. Also, my stepfather had a work permit since 1988 but was not able to renew it this year. He has been paying taxes the entire time and has not committed any crimes. What can I do to help him become a U.S. citizen or become a permanent resident?

I would need a lot more detail on both case to determine if there is an option for your mom-either through her husband or through you. The best thing you can do is to have a full consult with a competent immigration attorney to fully outline the case and to determine all options.