What can I do to have my DUI reduced? 8 Answers as of January 02, 2014

I blew a 1.4 on the test. Is there any possible way to get my drunk driving charge reduced?

Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
DUIs are fact specific. Whether you can get it reduced depends on a lot of factors. Why were you pulled over? What were you FSEs like. Was it breath or blood? Was the machine working properly? What was your drinking pattern?
Law Office of John G. Galasso | John George Galasso
Hire a lawyer; The police must follow exact procedures throughout the initial stop to the arrest and if they aren't followed, the prosecutor will want to offer a plea bargain or risk a trial.
Possibly.? I would need to see the police reports, talk to you and see your past record before I could tell you what could be done. You should see a good attorney.
You need to hire a DUI specialist, and do it soon because you have only 10 days to save your license.
Law Office of John S. Butler
Law Office of John S. Butler | John S. Butler
It may be possible to get the charge reduced, but it won't be easy. If the test result was in fact 1.4, there is probably something very wrong with the test machine - an actual blood alcohol level that high would be fatal. I presume you mean 0.14, which is nearly twice the legal limit. The approach would be to attack the stop (was there a reason), the arrest (was there probable cause) and the test itself (was the proper procedure followed, was the machine working, etc.).
    Natty Shafer Law
    Natty Shafer Law | Nathaniel Shafer
    It may be possible, depending on why the police officer pulled you over and how strong the prosecutor's evidence is. You should call me or another defense attorney to look over your case.
    You probably mean a .14. If it was a 1.4 you would be dead. A .14 is a pretty high breath test result and generally difficult to deal. Since I do not know the facts of your case, and whether you have any prior criminal history, I cant really advise you. You also don't say how old you are. If you are under the legal age (21) then your case becomes more difficult.
    Attorney at Law
    Attorney at Law | Michael J. Kennedy
    It is impossible to have blown a 1.4: you would be dead; maybe a .14. Who knows if it can be reduced there are many variable involved in DUI law; you need to contact a real DUI lawyer [not a criminal lawyer who claims to occasionally do DUIs].