What can I do to have the full cost of my vehicle repairs paid by the insurance company? 8 Answers as of August 21, 2015

How can I get my car fully restored with the insurance paying this for me? I was not at fault. The insurance company tried to give me drastically less than what it will cost me to fix my car.

You are obligated for the deductible. In Michigan, you can sue the other party for the deductible.
Adler Law Group, LLC
Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
Having a lawyer represent you will get them to act properly. You may have to sue them in court . Don't accept something less than adequate or you may be releasing the insurance company's obligation. Most repair places will negotiate directly with the insurance company.
Most insurance policies state they will pay the cost of repair or the fair market value, which ever is less. You are stuck with that contractual limitation.
The insurance company is only required to pay market value, not full replacement. See policy for details.
Ty Wilson Law | Ty Wilson
You need to speak with a lawyer. More facts are needed.
    Pius Joseph A Professional Law Corp. | Pius Joseph
    You need to obtain an independent appraisal or estimate and demand it. If you have an injury case, have a lawyer help you with this.
    It will depend upon your insurance company, especially if you are in Michigan which is a no-fault state and therefore the coverages which you bought for your own protection will determine what you are entitled to. Generally insurance companies only have to pay you the actual cash value of a destroyed vehicle and therefore, when the damages are more expensive to fix than the vehicle has value, they will total the vehicle and simply pay you off what it was worth on the market.
    My guess is that the insurance company's opinion is that the value of your car is less than the repairs. In Alabama, they owe you only what is less. Perhaps your opinion of the value of your vehicle prior to the accident differs from theirs such that it is cheaper for them to fix it? Everyone has an opinion, you know. Good luck.