What can I do to get my license back? How? 5 Answers as of June 04, 2015

I got a DUI over 5 years ago. It was reduced to reckless driving. I was told by DMV that I had to deal with DMV since I was another state resident. They said they had no record of it so they were not concerned. I just tried to get a license and was denied because the state still has me listed as suspended what should I do?

The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
Contact the Secretary of State. You probably have to pay a reinstatement fee.
You are going to have to engage an attorney and straighten out the record in the other state. If that state is Michigan perhaps we can be of assistance.
Ty Wilson Law | Ty Wilson
Contact a criminal defense lawyer, you may require an administrative hearing.
Contact the Division of Motor Vehicles. Have at hand all the papers showing that you were suspended for a certain period, and of course that that period has passed. You can probably do best by bringing the documentation to the principal office of Motor Vehicles, on Sheboygan Avenue in Madison. Your phone book probably has a list of government offices, and you should find the right number there, if your preference is to telephone them.
You may need to complete an alcohol program, among other things. Contact a DUI specialist.