What can I do to get my license back? How? 5 Answers as of June 04, 2015

I got a DUI over 5 years ago. It was reduced to reckless driving. I was told by DMV that I had to deal with DMV since I was another state resident. They said they had no record of it so they were not concerned. I just tried to get a license and was denied because the state still has me listed as suspended what should I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
Contact the Secretary of State. You probably have to pay a reinstatement fee.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 6/4/2015
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
You are going to have to engage an attorney and straighten out the record in the other state. If that state is Michigan perhaps we can be of assistance.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 6/4/2015
Ty Wilson Law | Ty Wilson
Contact a criminal defense lawyer, you may require an administrative hearing.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/4/2015
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
Contact the Division of Motor Vehicles. Have at hand all the papers showing that you were suspended for a certain period, and of course that that period has passed. You can probably do best by bringing the documentation to the principal office of Motor Vehicles, on Sheboygan Avenue in Madison. Your phone book probably has a list of government offices, and you should find the right number there, if your preference is to telephone them.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 6/4/2015
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
You may need to complete an alcohol program, among other things. Contact a DUI specialist.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/4/2015
Click to View More Answers:

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!