What can I do to get my ex wife to get her belongings from the house? How? 9 Answers as of June 26, 2015

My ex-wife still has my double car garage and one bedroom full of her property since May of 2014. What legal advice can I take that is needed for me to get rid of all the stuff she has here? I keep getting the run around from her and I don't want to just throw it out.

Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
If there is a Divorce decree I would send her a notice to remove it in thirty days and if she doesn't you can dispose of it.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
About the only thing you can is write her a letter (keep a copy) telling her that unless she moves it within 30 days you will consider it abandoned and throw it out (or sell it). An alternate is to tell her in writing that in 30 days you will rent a storage unit place the stuff in the storage unit and pay the first months rent.. then tell her where it is and that if she wants it she can retrieve the stuff or pay the storage .. if she does not move or pay it the stuff when the rent is not paid she will loose it because the stuff will be auctioned off. Both of these are legal under the law and will give you a defense if she ever sues you for its value. BTW Both of these assume that your divorce agreement does not prohibit it. follow that if there is some mention of the issue.
First of all, consult the lawyer who represented you in the divorce. S/he has much more information about everything which is going on than anyone else. You might consider sending her a letter by certified mail, return receipt requested, saying that if the stuff is not picked up within XX days (I suggest 15 days), then you will either (a) deem it abandoned and have it hauled to the dump; or (b) deliver it to her driveway and let her do what she wants with it. A third approach could be to go back to court with a motion for an Order to her to remove the property by a date certain, or else she forfeits any right to it. This might be the best way to go.
Law Office of Martin A. Kahan | Martin A. Kahan
If you have a court order, give her notice that she must pick to stuff up. ?If she doesn't, consult an attorney for advice.
Diane l. Berger | Diane L. Berger
I would suggest you send a certified letter telling her if her things are not removed by a specific date you will dispose of her things.
    Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A.
    Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A. | Joanna Mitchell
    You should send her a certified letter with a deadline, at least 30 days, in which to remove her belongings. If she doesn't comply, then you can give the items to charity or do with them what you will.
    Return to court on a request for order to address this problem and get specific orders from the court on dispensing with the property if she refuses to retrieve the belongings by a certain date.
    Law Offices of Robert Burns
    Law Offices of Robert Burns | Robert Burns
    Be professional. Consult your Court orders. If you don't have any, get them.
    Mediation Services of Southwest Florida
    Mediation Services of Southwest Florida | Dennis J. Leffert, J.D.
    You can give her a 30 day notice through a letter mailed to her certified return receipt requested. In the letter you can tell her if she does not get her property within 30 days you will throw it out. If she does not get her property within the 30 days you can either throw it out or put it into storage and let it sit in storage until she pays the storage costs.