What can I do to get my ex to refinance? Posted on March 16, 2011

I've been arguing with my ex husband for a month or so to refinance his house. We agreed at the divorce that we would sell and split the profit. He had it on the market for a couple months and pulled it since it wasn't selling. And this was about 2 years ago. I then signed a quit claim deed assuming (silly me) that I was off of everything. Now I have been working on raising my credit score, paying off my debts, and I want to purchase my own home. But now I have a 120000 mortgage on my credit and he refuses to refinance. He says he doesn't want the house, even though he's residing there and refuses to put it on the market. He says that it won't sell now though he’s not doing it. But he knows I can't purchase my own house until he refinances and I know he's taking advantage of my situation. I have been told that with his credit score and income that he should have no problem with refinancing but he's saying he can't afford it. My lease goes up in May and I'm ready to purchase a home. What should I do?