What can I do to get legal status in the US? 1 Answers as of March 29, 2011

I am UK national but presently live in Spain. I was in the USA on L1a visa till 2007 but nobody told me that I can petition for GC and so, now I am stuck in Spain. I have 10 year old child with me and an adult 30 year old child in the USA LPR and waiting to apply for citizenship April next year. He was married in 2006 (was also legal before doing Masters at Temple University and still works there) and now expecting a baby. This is my first grandchild and, of course, I will go to visit in June when the child is born. Question: I still have my belongings in the USA at UHaul as I was hoping to return earlier. I wonder if I can go and wait there on my VW (so will overstay about 4 months if I go in August with 90 days stay)until my son start GC petition for me in April 2012. It is too much trouble and cost for me and my small child to go back to Spain, move belongings and move again next year. I understand that the petition is possible when my eldest son becomes USC. I also understand that, perhaps he can not petition for his 10 year old brother, but I have to do this once I have GC. Second question is, does it matter which state I go to IF there is a chance that I stay over 90 days. I am not asking you to advice me on anything against the law, simply for the possibilities, and if such exist, what are your fees please?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
Contact office for a free consultation, so I can advise you properly. My office is exclusively an immigration law practice, so we will advise you properly.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 3/29/2011
Click to View More Answers: