What can I do to get him back to the US if he was charged with attempted murder and arm robbery? 3 Answers as of April 28, 2015

My husband has been deported from the US since 1998. I am a US citizen and have a baby.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. Since we do not have all the facts, it is impossible to give a completely accurate answers. Was he only charged or was he convicted? Why was he originally deported? I strongly suggest that you contact an experienced immigration attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your situation. (S)he would then be in a better position to analyze your case and advise you of your options.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/28/2015
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
It is going to be pretty difficult to get him back to the United States if he was charged with aggravated felony. I know the law is changing on that, but I cannot tell you if It is going to be fully changed by the time your husband comes up for an interview. You have to keep checking to see what the state of the law is at this time attempted murder and armed robbery are pretty big deals. If it was some other kind of a felony or even a lesser aggravated felony, there might be a chance.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/23/2015
Law Offices of N.J. SAEH PC | Noel J. Saleh
Your husband is permanently inadmissible under Section 212(a)(2). While there may be a waiver under Section 212(h), given the serious nature of his convictions, it is highly unlikely that your husband would be approved. It is also likely that his convictions would be considered as an "aggravated felony." As such he would not even be able to apply for such a waiver.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 4/23/2015
Click to View More Answers: