What can I do to finalize my divorce? 11 Answers as of February 11, 2011

If my husband served me with divorce papers and I filed my response, what can I do if he does not finalize the paperwork? I want the divorce to go through but he is not moving forward.

Michael Rose Attorney at Law
Michael Rose Attorney at Law | Michael Rose
You move forward if he is not. Just do all the steps to finish it.
You must file the proper disclosure docs with the court, then set for trial.
Goldberg Jones
Goldberg Jones | Zephyr Hill
You both have work to do and need a settlement agreement drafted with all the other Judgment papers. If you get them drafted maybe he will sign it. If he will not sign the papers, you will have to go to Trial.
Diana K. Zilko, Attorney at Law
Diana K. Zilko, Attorney at Law | Diana K. Zilko
You'll need to file a motion to compel him to file his disclosures, and then request a trial date. If you have any further questions, please let me know.
Edwin Fahlen Attorney at Law
Edwin Fahlen Attorney at Law | Edwin Fahlen
I have reviewed your case information and I can help you with your divorce and bring it to a conclusion, and take you through all the steps necessary to make as sure as can be that you give only what you must, and receive everything to which you are entitled. It is up to you to make the case move forward, if your husband will not.

Since documents have been filed with the court it is very important that we speak as soon as possible, so I can evaluate your problem, and if hired protect all of your interests, hopefully without going to court, through a Marital Settlement Agreement.

The best way to contact me for an immediate response is for you to call.
    If there is no Status Conference currently on the court's calendar, then you can request a status conference. At the status conference, the court will set any disputed matters for resolution via the proper forum (e.g., custody hearing or settlement conference and trail on assets/debt division issues). If you are in Marin or Sonoma County, feel free to call my office for further assistance.
    Bartholomew & Wasznicky LLP
    Bartholomew & Wasznicky LLP | Hal D. Bartholomew
    Either party may proceed with the divorce. One party may proceed in court to force the dissolution action to an end. You should either consult with an attorney on how to do this or go the local Family Law Faciliators office at your local County courthouse.
    A Dissolution of Marriage can end in two ways: by agreement or by trial. I would be happy to help you finish your case. Please contact me for a free consultation.
    Prepare your Preliminary and Final Declarations of Disclosure and have them served on your husband (service can't be done by a party, so you will have to have somebody else over the age of 18 serve those documents by mail and sign a Proof of Service). If you have the evidence you need for trial, file a request for trial setting.

You would best consult first with and retain a Family Law Attorney if there are significant matters such as Child Custody, Visitation, Child Support, Spousal Support, or Property Division involved in your divorce.
    You need to file a request for a trial date to finish your case.
    Pisarra and Grist
    Pisarra and Grist | David T. Pisarra
    You can file a Request for Trial Setting and get a trial date. you should speak to an attorney about what will be necessary for a trial in your jurisdiction.

Also you can read my book, A MAN'S GUIDE TO DIVORCE STRATEGY, available on Amazon.com, BN.com and as an E-Book on my website.