What can I do to divorce my wife? 1 Answers as of February 04, 2011

My wife left while in 2006 I have not seen or heard from her since. I want a divorce, but I have no address or anything for her. She had a baby for someone else before she left. I am being told I have to get a signature from her or wait to see if she responds. What can I do? I live in CT now. Can I handle this myself? She also left our son with me when she left. She never called or tried to contact us.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Cody and Gonillo, LLP
Cody and Gonillo, LLP | Christine Gonilla
Sorry to hear of your circumstances. You can obtain a divorce in CT if you meet the residency requirements. There is a court approved method to attempt notice to your wife. If you wish to act on your own you can certainly try that. The courts have the necessary forms and will help you fill them out although they cannot give you legal advice. If you have any further questions let us know. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Connecticut
Replied: 2/4/2011
Click to View More Answers: