What can I do to defend myself if I was caught with drug paraphernalia by police? 5 Answers as of June 30, 2015

I was caught with marijuana and meth drug paraphernalia. What happens to me now?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
You either defend yourself and go to jail, or find proper representation.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/30/2015
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
What can you do to defend yourself? Hire an attorney. What happens now? You will be charged with possession and will be looking at some potential jail time.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/30/2015
Ferguson & Ferguson
Ferguson & Ferguson | Randy W. Ferguson
Depends on state and record.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 6/29/2015
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
Hire a lawyer. You may qualify for a dismissal program.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/29/2015
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
I strongly recommend that you hire an attorney to represent you, rather than trying to represent yourself. Your attorney can negotiate a plea bargain with the prosecuting attorney to get the charges dismissed or reduced to a lesser offense. The outcome of your case depends on your criminal history, which court your case is being prosecuted in, and the details of your specific case.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 6/29/2015
Click to View More Answers: