What can I do to clean up my criminal record? 1 Answers as of March 08, 2011

I was promised I would only have one misdemeanor on my record when I completed deferred judgement. I have transcripts from judge to prove this. I still have original (felony) accusations on my record. Court denied petition to seal.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
The only cases that can be sealed are cases that are (1) totally dismissed or (2) minor drug offenses after 10 years. Sounds like you had a 'split plea' - deferred to a felony and plea and probation to a misdemeanor. You cannot seal that record. The fact of the arrest still remains, but should reflect the felony was dismissed - if not, send in proof of the dismissal to the Colorado Bureau of Investigations. The court likely said the only "conviction" you'll have in the end is to a misdemeanor - not the only "record" you'll have. A "criminal record" is an arrest record - not a conviction record.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 3/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: