What can I do so I don't have to go to court if I was caught shoplifting? 3 Answers as of September 04, 2017

I gave their product back after they caught me. Now I have to go into the court in 3 months.

It's out of your hands at this stage. With that in mind, petty theft is a crime of moral turpitude, and if convicted it will really hurt your school/employment aspirations. You should talk to a lawyer, who may be able to work out a deal with the Judge whereby you can earn yourself a dismissal.
Since a theft conviction is detrimental to your record in many respects, in part because it is considered a crime of "moral turpitude" you might want to retain an attorney now to attempt to negotiate with the store as to a possible civil compromise of the criminal charge. The store might not do that as many have a practice of strictly prosecuting shoplifting cases. In any case, you should get an attorney.
Chambers Law Firm
Chambers Law Firm | Dan E. Chambers
Well, you will have to go to court if you were cited. There are ways you can probably earn a dismissal.