What can I do regarding my vendor show? Posted on April 06, 2011

I am in the direct sales business. I booked a vendor/craft show this weekend. The woman running the show called me yesterday and said they booked 2 reps from my company for the show and since the other rep booked first they were going to give me a refund and I couldn’t attend the show. The booth fee was $300 and it is a 2 day show. I told them just refunding my booth fee was not going to be enough. I have spent over $1K in inventory and supplies for the show. I advertised the show online and sent invitations to my friends and family. This means I will lose potential customers, and you can’t put a price on that. I also declined doing other shows this weekend since I was booked with this one. I am being told I can’t do the show only a couple days before. Can it be that easy for them to tell me I can’t be part of the show and just give me a refund even though I am losing a lot of money because of this? Any help is greatly appreciated. I just feel like I am at a loss.