What can I do regarding my internet domain name? 2 Answers as of July 04, 2013

I own a domain name and the parent company of the company I purchased the domain from has changed the DNS servers and will not release my domain name until I pay them more money. Is there any thing I can do about this?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Mark S. Hubert PC
Mark S. Hubert PC | Mark Hubert
File a claim for conversion against them in small claims court.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 7/4/2013
Barton Barton & Plotkin
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
Ordinarily you are required to pay regular fees to maintain your domain name. In addition, depending on your original contract, the provider may have the right to increase the amounts you owe. I would need to see the terms of your original purchase before advising you definitively but chances are it is reasonable for this company to require additional payments.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 7/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: