What can I do regarding foreclosure hearings after Chapter 7 bankruptcy? How? 8 Answers as of August 25, 2015

Listed as secured debt on my Chapter 7 BK discharged 3 years ago, I could no longer afford to stay in my home. I did not reaffirm my mortgage. I notified CitiMortgage and Bank of America that I was leaving the home. Served foreclosure papers over a month ago. The original BK attorney told me they can't come after me for any monies owed on the mortgages. Both mortgage companies send an "informational" statement monthly and both mortgages are now off of my credit report as "discharged". Must I hire an attorney to represent me as far as foreclosure proceedings?

No.... you can ignore it. Sorry for the delay in answering, I missed this one.
Not necessarily. I think your original attorney's advice is good.
Freeman Law Group, LLC
Freeman Law Group, LLC | Derek Freeman
Your bankruptcy attorney is correct in saying that the bank cannot come after you for any money owed on the mortgage. Because of the bankruptcy, the bank will sell your house through the foreclosure, and you will not be responsible for any deficiency. However, any money owed in real estate taxes, HOA dues, utilities, and the like are your responsibility.
You are going to lose the house, that's what happens if you don't pay the mortgage. You have no personal liability on the mortgage. If you're leaving anyway, I'd recommend that you hire an attorney to negotiate a deed in lieu or a short sale.
That would be a no.
    Without reading the paperwork, it is impossible to say for sure, but typically in these situations, the lender is only seeking to recover the property back through foreclosure. If that is the case, hiring an attorney to defend yourself from something you probably want to happen would be a waste of money.
    You can stay in house all the way up until a foreclosure sale date and they can not proceed after you for any money. You may want to retain an attorney to slow the process so you can stay longer.
    Mauritz Van Niekerk, Attorneys at Law
    Mauritz Van Niekerk, Attorneys at Law | Christiaan van Niekerk
    No you do not need to do that you are no longer liable on the mortgages.