What can I do on a irreconcilable differences? 9 Answers as of November 21, 2013

Blindsided today, I was involved in an auto accident in 2008. I was rear ended. The other driver was sited. Shortly after I sought counsel this firm has been representing me for 5 years. In this time I have had a total of 7 attorneys. Attorneys leave this law firm constantly. My case was set to trial 5 times. Each time postponed because a lawyer left the firm. Today I received a letter in the mail, not even a phone call, to withdraw as counsel for the plaintiff. Stating irreconcilable differences, I have not spoken to anyone since my latest attorney left the firm in August of 13. No attorney since then has been assigned to my case. So how could there be irreconcilable differences? I did everything this law firm has asked me to do. I had faith this law firm had my best interest. Now I am left with a 200,000.00 plus medical bill. What's my next step? I have tried to contact other attorneys. No one seems to want this case. Trial is set for January 2014.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
David Hoines Law
David Hoines Law | David Hoines
you must find another attorney I can only guess that there is something seriously wrong with your claim, like no insurance coverage.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 11/20/2013
Pete Leehey Law Firm, P.C.
Pete Leehey Law Firm, P.C. | Pete Leehey
You describe a case that most personal injury lawyers would be happy to represent you on. The only reason I can think of that you are having a hard time finding a lawyer is the lack of time between now and the scheduled trial. To have a chance to get a new lawyer, you are going to have to agree to have the case continued one last time. Make sure when you try to hire a new lawyer, you tell him or her you understand that the first thing to do will be to continue the case. I understand your frustration at all the past continuances, but this one is going to be truly necessary if you want to get a new lawyer on board.
Answer Applies to: Iowa
Replied: 11/20/2013
Law Offices of Ronald A. Steinberg & Associates | Ronald A. Steinberg, BA, MA, JD
Get another lawyer as soon as possible. File a grievance against the firm. It sounds like they are unprofessional.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 11/20/2013
David F. Stoddard
David F. Stoddard | David F. Stoddard
First, the firm must obtain a court order, releasing them as your attorney, or they are still your attorney. A letter just does not cut it. However, you are better off finding another lawyer if they are not interested in the case as an unenthused attorney is not very much help. Keep contacting attorneys until you find one. There must be some problem with your case, because there are many injury attorneys out there wanting more injury cases. If your case is in SC, call me and I will be glad to discuss your case.
Answer Applies to: South Carolina
Replied: 11/20/2013
James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C.
James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C. | Jim Hasser
Reading between the lines, I'm guessing you are not taking the advice of your lawyer. I'm not sure getting another lawyer will do any good, but you can call the Bar Assc. and ask for a list of lawyers.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 11/20/2013
    Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A.
    Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A. | Paul L. Whitfield
    If you had a case someone would want it. doesn't that tell you something? Resist the motion by the law firm and tell the judge. He may make your lawyer stick. You can always find another but only if you have a decent case. You apparently do not have such a case.
    Answer Applies to: North Carolina
    Replied: 11/20/2013
    David P. Slater, esq.
    David P. Slater, esq. | David P. Slater
    Must be a reason no one wants your case.
    Answer Applies to: Florida
    Replied: 11/21/2013
    End, Hierseman & Crain, LLC | J. Michael End
    The only thing you can do is continue to contact lawyers until you find one willing to handle the trial of your case. There must be a problem with your case. Otherwise, every plaintiffs' lawyer in town would jump at the chance to win your case at trial. The trial date is getting closer every day, so you must continue to spend every waking moment calling lawyers until you find one to handle the trial of your case for you.
    Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
    Replied: 11/20/2013
    Padove Law | Burton A. Padove
    Your next step is to continue to search for an attorney who will take the case on. It will help if you can obtain a letter from the law firm waiving their fee and expenses. Also, you have the right to file an objection with the court based on such short notice before trial, or that you do not have irreconcilable differences.
    Answer Applies to: Indiana
    Replied: 11/20/2013
Click to View More Answers: