What can I do now to push up our court date and get my daughter back? 8 Answers as of January 30, 2014

There is no custody agreement yet between me and my ex-boyfriend. We are set to go to court to set up a visitation agreement May 07, 2014. We only have a verbal agreement right now for visitation. Well he came and pushed me and grabbed my 9 month old last Thursday and refuses to give her back. Cops were called at both occasions.

The Law Office of James P Peterson
The Law Office of James P Peterson | James P Peterson
You may seek a temporary order on three days notice.
If he pushed you, you might be able to get a protective order against him. You can also file a motion for temporary orders to give a framework for custody pending the May hearing.
Eve Oldenkamp, Attorney at Law, P.C. | Eve Oldenkamp
I would go to your local women's crisis center. If he has physically assaulted you, you should be able to get their assistance in regaining custody.
Ms. Cheryl Osterberg | Cheryl Osterberg
Request a writ of attachment from the court. It will get you into court quickly.
The incident you described would justify restraining orders against your ex and a parenting plan that would allow for supervised visitation if the father of your child is abusive and dangerous.
    You should have filed a domestic with the police at the time, i.e. he assaulted you at the time, most likely to late for that now. The only way now to accomplish an earlier court date would be through emergency petitions and Ex Parte orders, and to be honest that would require a good family law attorney.
    Law Office of Darin Kanfer | Darin J. Kanfer
    You should request an emergency hearing for custody and file whatever paperwork is necessary. Contact the judge or referee that is scheduled to hear your case May and tell them this is what you want to do.
    GordenLaw, LLC
    GordenLaw, LLC | Vanessa J. Gorden
    You will need an attorney to help file an ex parte custody order. If his physical aggression is part of a pattern, you could consider a protection order. Visit with an attorney to discuss your best options!