What can I do my daughter-in-law put an order of protection against my son but it was all false? 11 Answers as of January 16, 2014

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Lauren H. Kane | Lauren H. Kane
You will need to contest it in court.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 1/16/2014
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
You cannot do anything your son can file a motion to have the order of protection lifted.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 1/16/2014
John Russo | John Russo
Nothing you can do. You'r son needs to prove the allegations are false in court through evidence. But if she has obtained the order already sounds like he did nothing, unless it was ex parte and there is a hearing date set up to have the matter heard on the merits.
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 1/15/2014
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
This should be reviewed by a court with a Motion to Show Cause.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 1/15/2014
Kirby G. Moss PC | Kirby G. Moss
He needs to request a hearing wherein he can contest it on the grounds you have stated.
Answer Applies to: Indiana
Replied: 1/15/2014
    Peters Law, PLLC
    Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
    You can do nothing. Your son can fight the protection order by showing how it is false. He can hire an attorney to help him. Of course, it may be that your son is lying to you and doesn't want to fight because he knows the allegations are true.
    Answer Applies to: Idaho
    Replied: 1/15/2014
    Provda Law Firm
    Provda Law Firm | Bruce Provda
    Your son would be the one to fight this, not you. Your only involvement would be as a witness if you witnessed any of the alleged abuse or threats.
    Answer Applies to: New York
    Replied: 1/15/2014
    Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
    Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
    Make sure that your son has proper legal representation with an experienced family law attorney.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 1/15/2014
    Miller Law Firm
    Miller Law Firm | Karen Barbara Miller
    Set an evidentiary hearing and prove to the court that everything was false. You may consider retaining counsel to assist you.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 1/15/2014
    Law Office of Annette M. Cox, PLLC
    Law Office of Annette M. Cox, PLLC | Annette M. Cox
    Your son can request a hearing on the order of protection.
    Answer Applies to: Arizona
    Replied: 1/15/2014
    Ginsberg & Associates | Jacob Ginsberg
    You will have to file a motion to seek to revoke the protective order. The first thing I would check is to see if the protective order last for 30 days or does it last for longer. This will effect how you decide to respond.
    Answer Applies to: Texas
    Replied: 1/15/2014
Click to View More Answers: