What can I do the keep my immigration status current after separation? 2 Answers as of April 11, 2011

We are planning on legally separating, but our Greencard is pending. What happens if we separate? Do I lose my status? We are living separately now. Will not filling papers help? What can I do the keep my status current after separation? Any precaution or paperwork I should do? Please help.

Your separation from your sponsoring spouse should not in and of itself prevent you from receiving your greencard.
If your marriage is not viable, then you cannot obtain a green card through it. Instead you need to withdraw the case and then either depart the US or see if there is a different non-immigrant visa category which will enable you to remain in the US. It is dangerous to move forward on a case when you are certain that your marriage is not sustainable.