What can I do in our divorce? 2 Answers as of May 10, 2011

My husband wants a divorce(he’s got a lover). But before he divorces me he wants to go bankrupt & ill go down with him since I am his wife. My English is very poor. I don’t want to pay his debts for the rest of my life because I have NO IDEA whatsoever how much we talking about, not a clue. Please help me stop him from going bankrupt. He’s doing it on purpose-he knows I wont be able to get a good job due to the lack of English & work experience (I am housewife, never worked in the US and I came from Russia) everything I know is from my husband, maybe he’s lying. I need help to stop him from going bankrupt before and during divorce. We have one 13 year old son together. I have a 24yo daughter that filed charges against my husband a few yrs ago bout abuse & still I am with him.

Hire a family law attorney to assist you otherwise he will take advantage of you. He can file bankruptcy without you, so file a ch 7 with him, it will be cheaper.
Unfortunately, you can't stop your husband's bankruptcy. You should retain an experienced Family Law Attorney to represent you in the divorce.