What can I do in order not to get a warrant for an arrest if I missed my court date? 14 Answers as of May 23, 2013

I had my court date scheduled for May 8, 2013, but I mistakenly read May 13, 2013. What can I do in order not to get a warrant for an arrest?

The warrant has already been issued. You either turn yourself in, or retain an attorney to try and get the date reset
William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
Perhaps the Court might consider recalling the warrant, if it is persuaded that you have a good reason. Otherwise, you are supposed to surrender. An experienced criminal defense attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to go to trial. Consider seeking a confidential consultation.
Go to the court and have the clerk of the court send your file to the judge's courtroom as a walk-in. Once there you can explain to the judge that you mis-read the court date.
IT Forensics, Inc.
IT Forensics, Inc. | Christopher K. Steuart
The warrant has almost certainly already issued on May 8. You should set up a warrant quash hearing. Exactly how that is done varies by jurisdiction, so you will have to check local rules or procedure.
Law Office of Michael E. Dailey
Law Office of Michael E. Dailey | Michael E. Dailey
If you move quickly enough the court may agree to set a warrant aside particularly if it is not yet in the system. It would help to have a lawyer attempt to get this done so you don't get taken into custody if the judge is having a bad day.
    You need to hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without you present, so it is less risky for you.
    Richard Wagner | Richard Wagner
    There already have been a warrant issued. It's called a bench warrant. The sooner you hire an attorney to clear it up for you the better. The attorney will explain to the judge what happened. The judge will recall and quash the warrant. Then your case will be put back on the regular calendar.
    A warrant has likely been issued. Contact the court clerk and schedule a court hearing date. You can also turn yourself in to the police.
    Loren Lambert
    Loren Lambert | Loren Lambert
    Go take care of it is soon as possible.
    After missing a court date, you should go to the court clerk's office and request that your case be put on calendar. Explain to the judge what happened and be prepared to handle the case.
    Goodgame Law, LLC
    Goodgame Law, LLC | Jeffrey L Goodgame
    The judge likely issued a bench warrant for your failure to appear. I would recommend you go to the judge as soon as possible and explain why you missed court and that you fully intend to submit yourself to the court. Also ask the judge to recall the warrant if the judge issued one.