What can I do in Alabama if a car hit me and I do not have insurance? 3 Answers as of March 29, 2011

I was in an accident, and the other motorist was at fault. I do not have insurance, but I still need to make a claim. Can I get fined?

If you were not cited at the scene then you have very low odds of being ticketed for no insurance. If you have personal injury that is serious and permanent, then seek counsel to help you. If you have only property damage, you may consider filing a small claims complaint in the District Court of your county. Small Claims Court is designed for litigants without counsel.
If you did not get fined or charged with no insurance at the time, don't worry about it. You can make a claim with no problem. The law does not say you can't recover if you don't have insurance. Even if you got a ticket, you can still recover. If you need help, call me.
Patrick M Lamar Attorney
Patrick M Lamar Attorney | Patrick M Lamar
No the insurance law does not provide for a fine if you were injured in an accident and it was not your fault.