What can I do if two county jails refused to give me my prescription medication? Posted on February 16, 2011

I had been in one jail after being arrested, and then transferred to a down state jail 2 days later. I have been on depression med Cymbalta, for 13 years. Also have degenerative joint disease and osteoarthritis among other disabilities that I take narcotics Vicodin and Kadian for. Both jails said I would no longer receive these meds, as the jails are now non-narcotic jails. For 4 days I repeatedly asked for a nurse or doctor or to b taken to hospital as I was experiencing withdrawal from all my meds. I informed all officers that I could die from sudden stop of the depression med. They kept telling me I would see a nurse. She walked by my cell and went home despite me calling out to her repeatedly. This is inhumane and I believe I was lied to and was withheld my meds. Please help.