What can I do if there is there was no GAVRON WARNING on my divorce? 10 Answers as of February 14, 2013

Married on 1981 of October, and on 2001 we got divorced. Been paying my ex support for over 10 years now. When is this going to stop or ends? Back then she is not working and now she is employed and with full benefits. Upon looking on my issue at internet, I found that there is no such thing as lifetime support for my ex. What can I do to get this?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Fox Law Firm LLC
Fox Law Firm LLC | Tina Fox
You need to do a motion for modification and request that the support payments seize.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 2/14/2013
Law Office of Carla Robey Harcourt | Carla L. Robey Harcourt
I would need to review your Decree but in most cases support alimony is modifiable. You should seek legal advice immediately.
Answer Applies to: Oklahoma
Replied: 2/13/2013
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
You can petition the court for a modification and see what happens. I recommend you meet with a family law attorney in your community for some help. This motions can be difficult. Good luck,
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/13/2013
Cantin Lawyers PC | John Morris
You need to pursue action to modify the alimony.
Answer Applies to: Connecticut
Replied: 2/13/2013
Find an attorney. Find out how much she's earning now. If she makes approx. 1/2 the marital standard of living was, you may be able to file for a Gavron and then terminate support. Gavron warning may have been printed on the Judgment page - check your form it's changed now.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/13/2013
    Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
    Speak to a lawyer the new alimony law may apply.
    Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
    Replied: 2/13/2013
    The Law Offices of Tres A. Porter | Tres A. Porter
    You need to consult a family law attorney in your area, immediately to discuss filing a motion to modify the support.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 2/13/2013
    Diefer Law Group, P.C.
    Diefer Law Group, P.C. | Abel Fernandez
    Well, even if there is no Gavron Warning if she is working now you should file a motion to terminate support or to modify it based on the current income that she has.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 2/13/2013
    Carey and Leisure | John Smitten
    File a petition to end the alimony as soon as possible
    Answer Applies to: Florida
    Replied: 2/13/2013
    Brimley Family Law
    Brimley Family Law | Matthew Brimley
    The maximum length of alimony is the length of the marriage. If there has been a Substantial Change of Circumstance" since the divorce like her getting employment you may be entitled to a modification or termination of alimony.
    Answer Applies to: Utah
    Replied: 2/13/2013
Click to View More Answers: