What can I do if there is a lost immigration record? 4 Answers as of May 09, 2011

I was granted PLR 2-12.1975 I lost my green card I never renew. I am married to US citizen. Immigration filed in FBI criminal record “I was arrested and received " nothing else now I am in deportation process. How can I ask Immigration about my arrest and received detail like what they did or when and where took place. Truly Immigration never arrested me, only time I went to Immigration to received my green card on 2-12-1975. Plus 1975 would they deported me or just let me walk out. Please tell me how I can get detail of my arrest Immigration claim.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Devore Law Group, P.A.
Devore Law Group, P.A. | Jeffrey A. Devore
It is unclear exactly what you are asking, but if you are trying to determine your immigration status it may be advisable to file a request for a copy of your USCIS file under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). Seek out an experienced immigration attorney for help.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 5/9/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
You will need to file form G-639 and request your entire immigration file that way. The law gives you that right. It costs nothing unless the records are lengthy that they will need to charge you a small fee, usually nothing. It seems to me that if you got your Green Card in 1975, it is still valid. Back then, they gave out green cards that did not have an expiration date. You should also do an FBI criminal background Check. When you do this, you should receive a record of all your crimes and offenses. Start there and see what happens. If you are in proceedings, I hope you are well represented by an attorney. It sounds to me like you are not. If you can, try not to represent yourself in immigration proceedings. Too much that can go wrong on an otherwise winnable case. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/5/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
The first thing you need to do is file a Freedom of Information of Act (FOIA) request to obtain a copy of your immigration file to see if it contains proof that you were at some point a legal permanent resident and also more information regarding the "arrest and received" notation. However, want you really need to do is hire an immigration attorney to represent you and determine if immigration has a bases to deport you, and to apply for any relief that may be available to you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/5/2011
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
You can file a freedom of information act reques with uscis requesting a complete copy of your file. Its form g-639. Having said that, if you are in deportation proceedings, you should really see an experienced immigration attorney.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 5/4/2011
Click to View More Answers: