What can I do if there is a Bench Warrant on a 511? 6 Answers as of July 15, 2011

I was arrested(my first arrest ever)for driving w/o a license.No speeding was involved or alcohol.I was arrained the next day&ROR'd. I didn't go to the courtdate&the next day the original arresting officer came to my house&told me he would be back later that night to arrest me.He called&told me he was too busy&wouldcall methe next day&tell me what time he was bringing me in.I never heard from him.I want to now go myself to C.I.court&vacate the warrant.I'm nervous to that they won't ROR me again&give me a very high bail because I was RoR'd w/my first arrest.I also had a seprate court date from a traffic ticket (before Iwas arrested)I was inthe hospital,no warrent was issued&I never rcvd anew court date.Idont have alarge amount of money to bring to court w/me,& I need to come home to my kids.

However , you will probably be able to vacate the warrant yourself but if you want to hire an attorney that is okay too.
You should retain an experienced criminal attorney to surrender you to the police and be available for the arraignment. You will be released ROR and plead to a 511-a1 with a $50 fine, possibly at the arraignment if you pay the tickets and provide receipts or a DMV abstract.
Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
Retain our office and I can arrange a surrender and find out before hand if a bond will be required so you can have the money on hand. I may also be able to resolve the matter on that date.
You should hire a lawyer who can arrange your surrender. If you don't show up for court when scheduled then you can be charged with bail jumping (even though you were ROR'D. That will just add to your problems.
Rothstein Law PLLC
Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
You should try and retain counsel to set up a voluntary return on the warrant in court. Its likely that bail won't be set.