What can I do if a tenant left her stuff and still on property? 3 Answers as of February 13, 2014

I have an ex-tenant who physically left on the 30th but left her stuff. She has since signed paperwork to "prompt" her in removing it with a time deadline and some other restrictions regarding her being on our property to recover her stuff. (Signed and notarized) She is trying to bring other people into our home to "help her pack" and we don't trust them not to steal or deface. Beyond the signed information (states when she can be on property, fee information for storage, and for fit of property if left in our home past certain time) can we tell her we don't want these people in our home?

Stuart P Gelberg
Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
You can prevent 3rd parties from entering. If she fails to remove her property as agreed to and she left without an intent to return, the stuff is yours.
You can, but that will just prolong her being there and she may be able to argue that you were frustrating her ability to get out. Why don't you have a couple of burly young men who are not prone to violence be there when she comes in. You know, just to keep an eye on things.
If she needs help to move the property it is unreasonable to bar them. You can and should insist that they are accompanied by you when they move the property.