What can I do if stopped and detained by a police officer for no reason? 1 Answers as of January 05, 2011

I was stopped on I 80 for following to close. Because of CA plates, the patrolman walked around truck and saw wrapped presents in back of truck. He held me for 2 hours for k 9. Was this legal?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Law Office of Eric R. Chandler, P.C., L.L.O.
The Law Office of Eric R. Chandler, P.C., L.L.O. | Eric R. Chandler
Sounds like a clear violation of your rights. I am sure that you are right and the only reason you were pulled over was because of the CA license plates. The problem is civil lawsuits are about damages (i.e. injury, medical bills, pain and suffering, embarrassment, etc.). Probably, your only damages are inconvenience and annoyance and are not worth filing a claim over. You can always file a complaint with the law enforcement agency.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 1/5/2011
Click to View More Answers: