What can I do if someone just registered my business name with a different logo? Posted on June 16, 2011

I recently received a personally drafted cease and desist letter from a business owner in another state. She informed me of her "intent to file" for a trademark on the name. When I had originally chosen my business name, I had checked for trademark registration, all DBA listings in my state, and even performed a facebook and google search. I am now known in the community for my assumed name and my DBA, business accounts, advertising, EVERYTHING is listed under this name as well. I'm worried about the possibility of a trademark battle. I started the registration process with a new trademark search. Lo and behold, she did register the business name as her own, but as a service mark with a different logo and no claim to the exclusive use of one of the words. Do I have any hope?