What can I do if served with incorrect divorce papers? 1 Answers as of March 11, 2011

I have been served divorce papers with changes that I don't approve of. The papers state that he will be at my house tomorrow to get items that we didn't agree originally that he could have. What can I do about this and how do I keep him from getting those item?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reeves Law Firm, P.C.
Reeves Law Firm, P.C. | Roy L. Reeves
I am not certain what papers you are referring to. Are these documents signed by a judge? Did you get a divorce and do it yourself? If so, did you leave the courtroom before he went before the Judge? If so, you have fallen into a trap where you may have agreed to one thing, signed the papers and he changed the terms and then had the judge sign it. I can tell you I have helped remedy this situation before, but it was a lot more expensive than had the client hired me to start with. Now, if this is just some request and the divorce is not over yet, you need a lawyer ASAP. My offices are in Plano and I handle divorce issues in Dallas and Collin Counties. Feel free to call and set an appointment.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 3/11/2011
Click to View More Answers: