What can I do if the RFE is demanding to see my income tax return? 6 Answers as of August 05, 2011

I put enough income on I-864 to make my husband qualify for AOS even though I'm not working. I submitted paperwork without supporting docs. I received RFE asking my recent filed tax return, instead I replied by submitting a joint sponsor, after a week I received another 2nd RFE specific to me to submit my recent income tax return since they saw that I have reflected income on my I -864. What should I do now? I lied?

Dear Customer, You should send a new I-864 form with the supporting documentation. There is no problem if you did not make the enough money. You have to file the I-864 form with the correct information, also send a copy of your 2010 taxes, 2010 W2, a copy of your last pay check. Also send the Joint sponsor's I-864 and supporting documentation. Tell the NVC that you do not know how to fill out these forms and that now you are sending the entire packet.
The last thing you want to do with immigration matters is to lie. You will have to disclose your misrepresentation and hopefully you will not be charged with a federal crime.
Best to consult with immigration counsel as fraud is serious as we don't want you to submit anything that is not true. You have a co-sponsor so may be OK but we need to explain the discrepancy if anything you already submitted is not accurate.
You must comply. Please note that if you submitted an I-864 with falsified information, you signed the forms under penalty of perjury. Such false statements carry civil monetary and criminal penalties. You should withdraw the I-864 and find a joint sponsor.
Kazmi & Sakata
Kazmi & Sakata | Harun Kazmi
You need to respond. You must give your taxes and explain your discrepancy the best you can.