What can I do if the RFE is demanding to see my income tax return? 6 Answers as of August 05, 2011

I put enough income on I-864 to make my husband qualify for AOS even though I'm not working. I submitted paperwork without supporting docs. I received RFE asking my recent filed tax return, instead I replied by submitting a joint sponsor, after a week I received another 2nd RFE specific to me to submit my recent income tax return since they saw that I have reflected income on my I -864. What should I do now? I lied?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Dear Customer, You should send a new I-864 form with the supporting documentation. There is no problem if you did not make the enough money. You have to file the I-864 form with the correct information, also send a copy of your 2010 taxes, 2010 W2, a copy of your last pay check. Also send the Joint sponsor's I-864 and supporting documentation. Tell the NVC that you do not know how to fill out these forms and that now you are sending the entire packet.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/5/2011
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Reza Athari
The last thing you want to do with immigration matters is to lie. You will have to disclose your misrepresentation and hopefully you will not be charged with a federal crime.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 8/5/2011
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
Best to consult with immigration counsel as fraud is serious as we don't want you to submit anything that is not true. You have a co-sponsor so may be OK but we need to explain the discrepancy if anything you already submitted is not accurate.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/5/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
You must comply. Please note that if you submitted an I-864 with falsified information, you signed the forms under penalty of perjury. Such false statements carry civil monetary and criminal penalties. You should withdraw the I-864 and find a joint sponsor.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 8/4/2011
Kazmi & Sakata
Kazmi & Sakata | Harun Kazmi
You need to respond. You must give your taxes and explain your discrepancy the best you can.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/4/2011
Click to View More Answers: