What can I do if refused a tourist visa? 3 Answers as of February 17, 2011

Is it possible to get someone from the Philippines a tourist visa if it was refused previously? The person tried to get tourist visa in the Philippines but was refused. Can I sponsor that person (It is my daughter in laws mother)?

Law Office of Donna Nanan, PL
Law Office of Donna Nanan, PL | Donna Nanan
You cannot sponsor your daughter in law's mother (unless she is your parent, sibling or child) on a family based application.

A lawyer may be able to assist you in finding other ways for your friend to enter the US, such as work related visas, or visas for persons with special talents or skills.
A better application package can increase her chance of approval.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
One can always reapply for a tourist visa after being refused. One should find out why the visa was refused in the first place and try to supplement more documents to correct the insufficiency. You can be the person's financial sponsor but you cannot sponsor her for the visa. All you can do is to show that she will have a place to stay and food to eat while she is visiting the United States. We help prepare tourist visa packets for clients. If you are interested please contact my office.