What can I do if police put a hold on my car in the impound to where I cannot get it out? 7 Answers as of May 12, 2014

Hello, straight to the point, recently I was driving and saw police lights so naturally I pulled over. As soon as I parked my vehicle, the gang unit opened my door and ripped me out of my vehicle, pinned me to the floor and handcuffed me. I was not given any reason why nor was I read my Miranda rights. I had all of my legal information and had no drugs or alcohol and was not under the influence of any kind. The police must have mistaken my vehicle for another and in order to cover up the illegal activity they had already done, they took me to county and it was there I found they charged me with evading arrest, resisting arrest, reckless driving, and resisting search. They impounded my vehicle with my phone inside because I had recorded them. They have a hold on my vehicle to which they will not allow me access to it or to retrieve it from the impound. I've called the sergeant multiple times daily and he does not answer nor return my phone calls in response to the messages I leave him. Is there anything I can do? I have been stripped of my rights here and witnessed police misconduct at it's finest. Help.

Do you have money for an attorney? No, then it does not matter what you witnessed. YES, then retain an attorney.
Get a lawyer and have that person get the stuff as evidence in the case.
You need to retain an attorney to assist you.
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
File a motion to return property.
Connell-Savela
Connell-Savela | Jason Savela
A lawyer can help you get your car back - cops have to justify to a judge why they get to hold on to your car.
    You will need to engage an attorney to assist you in the return of your property.
    Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
    I am very sorry to hear about this incident. Police misconduct is an epidemic. Most police are great public servants but there is a small but significant minority who engage in inexcusable behavior and then try to cover it up. You should immediately retain good civil rights counsel and criminal defense counsel to challenge this misconduct.