What can I do if police keep coming to our house for our son who is already in jail? 4 Answers as of June 23, 2014

Okay my 25 year old son was put in county jail and has been awaiting sentencing. He went to court, pleaded guilty, never missed a court hearing, no drug charges. He will do 3-5 years. The county I live in (neighboring the county he is locked up in) issued a felony warrant for his arrest after he was locked up. They have been to my house 5 times ( between 10:30 PM and 2:30 AM each time) waking myself, wife and daughter and also 2 month old grand baby up each time. Every time they show up, they demand to search the house for him and we deny them access. We have three dogs and I don't want them shot. My son has been in jail for 51 days and they just came again last night. Every time I tell them he's already locked up and tell them where, they still keep coming. I always follow up with a phone call the next day explaining to the sergeant in charge the situation. He explains although he can inform his shift, he cannot inform other officers when they get a new warrant list for the county, my son's name appears and they go to his last known address. I've been quite rude the last two times as this is getting really old. How do I get them to stop?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
Do not talk to him. Talk to the county prosecutor on the case and the sheriff of the county.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 6/23/2014
Elhart & Horvath, P.C.
Elhart & Horvath, P.C. | Mattias Johnson
I would recommend contacting the court which continues to issue the warrants. Explain the situation and give them the new address, the jail where your son is currently sitting. The best person to talk to at the court is always the clerk, as this person will be able to handle the situation the most expeditiously.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 6/18/2014
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
Hire an attorney. They have to "arrest" him in the other county jail, and you have a right to be upset and tired under the circumstances. This is a matter of the computer information not being updated. The records should be modified to show is actual current address.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 6/18/2014
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
Talk to a person higher up than the sergeant. You are getting nowhere with him. Also talk to the prosecutor because he/she issued the warrant. Going in person is generally better if time allows you to do so. If no luck, inquire here again.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 6/18/2014
Click to View More Answers: