What can I do if the person who adopted my child is refusing to let me see my child? 5 Answers as of May 02, 2014

When I was pregnant my partner did not accept our baby so I decided to look for someone who is willing to adopt my baby. I gave birth and the one who adopted my child, without legal process, already have my baby in their custody. Before they leave, I asked them if can I still see my baby but they are refusing my request. How can I take my baby back?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
I do not know what you mean without legal process. If there was no legal process you still have your parental rights. You need a Lawyer to look into this.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/2/2014
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
If these people legally adopted the child and the court terminated your rights as part of the adoption process, then you have no right to see the child. If this was not a legal process, then they do not have a right to the child, except that they can go to court on a third party custody because you abandoned the child. You need to know what legal process, if any, has happened and how long ago.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 5/2/2014
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
Refuse to go through with the adoption.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 5/2/2014
John Russo | John Russo
Just go pick up your child, if they refuse contact the authorities just make sure you have a copy of the birth certificate , the only way a child can be adopted is through the courts, you allege that was not done, therefor no adoption!!!
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 5/2/2014
John Ceci PLLC
John Ceci PLLC | John Ceci
You need to hire an attorney. I cannot possibly explain everything that might be involved in getting your child back in an email.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 5/2/2014
Click to View More Answers: