What can I do if a patent company did nothing with my product? 4 Answers as of June 15, 2011

In 2007 I contacted a company about patenting my product and marketing it they did their research on it and I was granted a patent I am medically disable and on a fixed income I pay a lot of money for I have 2 patents with them they have not got a hold of me through phone or mail. Now just this Friday I see in a good morning local news that a similar product has an account with home depot. I am very upset because if they did their job my product was done first. Can you help me?

DANIEL NESBITT | Hasse & Nesbitt
There is not enough detail in your question to provide you with a helpful answer. If you contacted them in 2007, could it be that you have patent "applications" and not "patents"? You may need to contact a patent attorney to help sort out your facts.
Intellectual Property Center, LLC
Intellectual Property Center, LLC | Ak Shaf
patent rights stem from date of conception, assuming you were diligent in your efforts. I would be happy to assist if you contact our office. Good Luck.
Michael M. Ahmadshahi
Michael M. Ahmadshahi | Michael M. Ahmadshahi, Ph.D., Esq.
It doesn't matter who got the product marketed first. What matters is who owns the patents. If you own the patents and the product is the same or similar to your patents, you can sue Home Depot or whoever manufactures or sells the product for patent infringement.
Mark S. Hubert PC
Mark S. Hubert PC | Mark Hubert
Perhaps - I need to see your patent and what is sold at Home Depot.