What can I do if a parent dies and they had a cashier check they haven't cashed? 1 Answers as of September 23, 2016

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Ashcraft & Ashcraft, Ltd.
Ashcraft & Ashcraft, Ltd. | Randall C. Romei
If your parent had assets valued at over $100,000 then you must open a probate to deal with the assets. Otherwise you can open an account using a Small Estate Affidavit and use the funds to pay the debts of the parent and distribute the balance to the heirs at law.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 9/23/2016
Click to View More Answers: