What can I do if our divorce was put on hold since I went to court for domestic violence? 2 Answers as of September 13, 2016

I had filed for divorce back in May and then on July I suffered domestic abuse, went to court and the judge said that due to the DA, our divorce will be on hold. Why is that? I thought that due to the circumstances that it will be granted faster. I really want out of this relationship.

The divorce action and criminal action are to entirely separate matters. You should be able to proceed with your divorce action as well as get complementary restraining orders to assist you in your criminal case. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to explore your options.
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
No, it won't be granted faster. Was the other side served with papers in the divorce. If so, tell that person to file a response or you will proceed against them via default. You may need a paralegal to help you figure out what is next.