What can I do if now she's getting something called cash aid and that I have to pay that back and including child support? 2 Answers as of March 11, 2017

I got a son. He is 6 years old and lives with his mommy. Now, I got papers for child support. Something she says she didn't do. Another thing is when she was in another state, I have always sent her money for my son. I have always been in his life. I would bring him with me and buy him clothes for school.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
If you have proof of providing financial support that benefited the child, the courts may credit that towards any claimed arrears. When a parent gets any state benefits for the child, the state has a right to request that the other parent reimburse or contribute to reimbursement for these services.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/11/2017
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro | Gerard A Fierro
When a parent receives cash or other assistance from the State, that parent assigns their right to child support to the State. The local County child support department will then take action to obtain a child support order to reimburse the State. Sometimes, the child support amount will enable the other parent to stop receiving government benefits. You should make sure the child support amount is fair and consult with an attorney before the court order is made. You should request custody and visitation orders if you need them as you will have to prove your timeshare with the child as part of the support calculation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/11/2017
Click to View More Answers: