What can I do if my wife is violating the status quo and I want her out? 1 Answers as of September 12, 2013

My wife filed for divorce about a month ago and I filed my answer and counter claim. We were going to file together and handle everything by consent but someone got in her ear and she ran down and filed a hand-written complaint. Since then she's since stopped giving me any money from her paycheck for household expenses and the care of our 2 kids, and she's treating the house like a hotel where I'm cleaning and doing all the care for the children. I work from home and it's having a severe negative effect on my business. The house is rented and the lease is in my name only. Can I get her out? And if so, is there a form for this in Michigan or can someone point me to a case where I can get an example of the motion?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Mark A. Manning, PC. | Mark A. Manning
Typically court's won't remove a party from a marital home absent physical or severe emotional abuse. I guess you can play the game of chicken and just stop paying all bills, cleaning etc. eventually something is going to give. the other alternative is to obtain separate housing. this however can have an impact on custody if that is at issue.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 9/12/2013
Click to View More Answers: