What can I do if my wife is divorcing me? 1 Answers as of May 05, 2011

30 days after my wife got her citizenship, I got divorce papers. What can I do to stop her from taking everything? I have a signed letter from her stating our contract.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C.
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C. | Michael Anthony Wing
If she married you to use you for her citizenship, the court will likely see right through her. The divorce court is a court of equity which means the judge will do what he or she thinks is fair. Stay well.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 5/5/2011
Click to View More Answers: