What can I do if my visa waiver was denied? 5 Answers as of June 02, 2011

My husband was denied his visa waiver, they put him in the 10 yr bar. They said the reason was that I did not prove Extreme Hardship". Is there anything I can do now?

If this denial is less than 30 days old, then I suggest you appeal it ASAP with a good attorney who can turn it around. I know because we do this often with success. This is especially true if you did this waiver by yourself. There is no way that I ever recommend that people do waiver applications by themselves. USCIS is not going to help you with your waiver either. It is important to have someone who knows how to do them. Good luck!
You can appeal if you think you have ground.
You can re-file a different I-601 waiver - maybe you did not show the extreme hardship etc. My office has prepared many I-601 waivers, if you need us to assist call our office.
Generally speaking, you can file again if you have new evidence of the hardship. What evidence did you submit in support of the waiver? Please note that the hardship must be to you or other US nationals, not your husband. What consulate did he apply at? Please review this information for more details about the waiver requirements. Thank you.
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
You can try again with better proofs. You should consult with an attorney, such as myself, who has experience in waiver packages.