What can I do if my tickets are not in the system? 20 Answers as of June 13, 2013

I went to court and they could not find my ticket in the system. One of the tickets was for a DUI. Now, my license is suspended. My court date was in July and they told me to look for something in the mail. I am trying to get the money I paid to get my car out of pound back. I will go to the court for that charge on 6 September.

If the tickets are not in the system and theys ay you missed court you should not be found at fault.
Law Office of Richard Southard
Law Office of Richard Southard | Richard C Southard
Check with the precinct of arrest and get your arrest number and give it to the clerk or hire an attorney to help you track this down.
You have no other option other than to wait to hear from the court.
You need to get an attorney to help you. If you are going to court on the 6th, you are in the system.
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law | Gregory Casale
It sounds like you will need to hire an attorney to advocate for your position. A license suspension is usually due to an outstanding warrant. You also say that you were to be in court in July. I don't know if you attended court on that date or if you missed in? In any event, if the court claims they can not find your "ticket" you will need someone to take whatever steps are necessary to get your case brought forward so you can clear your warrant and get your license renewed. You certainly should not be representing yourself on a DUI charge. You may as well hire the attorney now to get the case brought forward, get the warrant cleared and deal with the DUI charges.
    What court is your dui charge in? The prosecutor has up to 1 year to file a misdemeanor dui charge. Sometimes they file late depending on the court, or if they are waiting forblood test results, etc.
    Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
    Why are you going to court in Sept? Is that related to your tickets?
    Get money back from whom? There is too much going on, and you do not explain it well.
    Miller & Harrison, LLC
    Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
    The driver's license issue is completely separate from the court issue - so be happy the ticket did not get filed in court, but prepare to defend the DMV part and the issue of impounding the car.
    What can I do if my tickets are not in the system? As they already told you, wait for a letter from the DA and court advising you of a court date to appear. I am trying to get the money I paid to get my car out of pound back??? That is not going to happen. If arrested for DUI, whether alcohol or drugs, then upon release from jail or booking the defendant is given documents that include a notice that you have only ten days to file a request with DMV for a hearing on an appeal of the automatic suspension of your license imposed by DMV upon your arrest. That is separate and runs consecutively with any suspension that may be imposed by the DMV, or the court upon conviction. Contact DMV and do so, timely if you think you have grounds for appeal, then appear at the scheduled DMV appeal hearing and present your supporting evidence and witness testimony. If you don't know how to do these things effectively, then hire an attorney that does. When questioned, arrested or charged with any crime, the proper questions are, can any evidence obtained in a test, search or statement be used against you, can you be convicted, and what can you do? Raise all appropriate defenses with whatever witnesses, evidence and sympathies are available for legal arguments, for evidence suppression or other motions, or for trial. While this isn't a 'capital case', you certainly face fines and potential jail, so handle it right. If you don't know how to represent yourself effectively against an experienced prosecutor intending to convict, then hire an attorney who does, who will try to get a dismissal, charge reduction, diversion, program, or other decent outcome through motions, plea bargain, or take it to trial if appropriate.
    You should retain a good criminal lawyer to handle the DWI charge. Even if they cannot find the summons you will still have to face the charges that were made and that can be serious if you are convicted of a misdemeanor and get a criminal record. Most people do not realize the consequences of getting a criminal record. If you are convicted of a crime you will find it very hard to get a decent job, get into certain schools, or get government benefits. You cannot get into Canada and it if is a felony the consequences are even more severe. You should try to get a dismissal, win the trial, or get a DWAI violation instead of the misdemeanor.
    Gary Moore, Attorney at Law
    Gary Moore, Attorney at Law | Gary Moore
    Hire a lawyer to get things straight.
    Law Office of Mark Bruce
    Law Office of Mark Bruce | Mark Corwin Bruce
    You will find out Sept 6 what happened to the DUI. If it's not there, there's not much you can do except tell the DMV.
    Lee Law Group | Ernest Lee
    I have experienced this problem before. You must contact me or another attorney ASAP so we can either locate your DUI in the system immediately, or get a continuance so it can be located in week or so. Not only can we locate your DUI, we can also provide you with excellent DUI defense.
    Call the prosecutor's office and ask what's going on.
    Your tickets must be in the system now since your license got suspended. Get an attorney and fight them.
    The DMV suspends your license independently, regardless of whether your ticket is in the system. You had only 10 days after arrest to save your license (read the pink slip that they gave you!).
    First, the license revocation and the criminal case are two separate matters. You must challenge the license revocation within 30 days of receiving notice that you were revoked. If you do not do so, you will, for al intents and purposes, have a DWI on your record. The criminal matter carries with it jail time and fines.
    Expert Bronx Criminal Lawyers
    Expert Bronx Criminal Lawyers | Alexander Sanchez
    A DUI is not a traffic ticket, but a criminal matter. The "ticket" you received must have been a desk appearance ticket which requires you to return to criminal court-not traffic court. If you did not appear for the DUI matter in criminal court a warrant may have been issued for your arrest. Advice: contact a criminal lawyer to clear up the matter.