What can I do if my tenant changed the locks without my permission? 5 Answers as of December 12, 2011

What recourse does the landlord have if tenant changed locks without permission? Can I hire a lock smith to change them to get a key?

Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
Check your lease for that provision you may be able to evict for breach of the agreement but again you must read your lease.
The Law Offices of Diane M Sternlieb | Diane Sternlieb
I would send certified mail requesting a key to the new locks. If not file an action for this in Magistrate court or file to evict if your lease permits you entry for reasonable cause to inspect or repair.
Sultan Law Office | Gregory Sultan
If your lease says the tenant has to give you a key or can't change the locks, then you can require a key and the tenant should change the locks back. Otherwise. It is the tenant's place and they can change the locks and do not have to give a key.
Yes. Just don't lock out the tenant.