What can I do if my spouse will not let me attend my immigration appointment? 6 Answers as of May 16, 2011

My husband is abusing me and he doesn't want me to go to my finger print appointment on the 18 of this month. What can I do?

Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
If your husband is abusive, you should not remain in such a relationship. You can file a self-petition. It will be a question of proof, however. Contact us if you are seeking help from an attorney. I have been practicing for over 15 years. Our immigration law firm has been in the immigration field for more than 45 years. We have handled cases with experience, integrity, and good effect. Please call me. We offer payment plans with no interest.
You must find a way and just make it happen. The processing of your application will not get very far without your biometrics information. If you want to give yourself a chance, then please go. Of course, you can always call and change it or just show up at the location indicated, time indicated but on a different day. They frown upon it but end up letting you do it anyways. On the abuse, you will need to document it and seek some help right now. Don't waste any more time. Be strong and courageous and do what needs to be done. You have rights and I need you to claim them by deciding not to be a victim and seek help yesterday. Please? I am here if you need me. Good luck!
If you are a victim of domestic violence, domestic abuse or mental cruelty you can file and I-360 Self Petition. If approved, the I-360 replaces the I-130 petition filed by your husband and therefore you do not need him to be involved in the process. As to you fingerprint appointment, if you do not go your case will be denied. If you are in fear of your husband you should immediately remove yourself from the dangerous situation.
You can file a VAWA claim; therefore you don't need your husband to petition for you, you can self petition.
If he sponsored you, going to finger print appointment wouldn't help. If you decide to leave him, you can petition for yourself as abused spouse. You are welcome to contact us for assistance.
    My heart goes out to you for having to suffer so. You most certainly should: 1) report this fool for abusing you; 2) show up at the fingerprint appointment anyway (call a friend you can trust)after all, maybe your fingerprint might trace to him having something to hidethey check on all relatives; 3) get with an attorney (can certainly call or e-mail me), to file for a fresh application for legal status under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA); and 4) get away from the fool and file for divorce.