What can I do if my spouse wants to cancel my petition after I got my EAD card? 4 Answers as of April 06, 2015

Our relationship has somewhat soured over the last 3 months due to mistrust and family members' influence. My spouse wants to move out and cancel her petition. What steps can I take to not have my adjustment of status canceled?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Reza Athari
The only way you may be able to salvage the adjustment application is if you were victim of abuse by her.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 4/6/2015
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
You are out of luck in this case unless you are the victim of battered spouse.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/6/2015
Penn Law
Penn Law | Gigi Penn
Assuming your adjustment of status is based on a spouse or fiance petition, it may be denied if you are no longer married to your spouse, unless you can prove that you entered into a bona fide marriage in good faith. Consult an immigration lawyer to assist you and to protect your rights.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 4/6/2015
Coane and Associates
Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
Maybe see a marriage counselor. If she isn't cooperating, then generally, there's no way the adjustment is going to be approved.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 4/6/2015
Click to View More Answers: